Yoni Steam 101:
What is Yoni/Vaginal Steaming
Yoni: is the Sanskrit word for Vulva. Yoni Steaming is an ancient practice and healing technique that many of our ancestors knew and practiced. It's a practice for many women that has been lost with the tides of the times of the World. It was used by the Mayan and traditional Korean healers to treat all things “down under”. Yoni describes the women's reproductive system as a whole, not just the Vagina but the entire womb space. Yoni steams helps to treat painful menstrual cycles, PMS, infertility, fibroids, menopause, endometriosis, PCOS, digestion and is also a wonderful practice for overall general Vagina & womb maintenance & wellness.
Reasons to Yoni Steam
- Increases blood flow to the vagina
- Encourages tissue regenerations tightens removes vaginal odors
- Increase sexual arousal/awareness less moodiness
- Helps with vaginal discharge, yeast infections, viruses, and bacterial vaginosis
- Dark blood at the beginning or end of the menstrual cycle
- Postpartum and post miscarriage or post DNC
- Menstrual Complaints & Irregular Cycles
- Endometriosis, Pelvic MuscleTension, Pelvic Pain
- Uterine Prolapse, Dysmenorrhea, Amenorrhea, Hemorrhoids,Constipation, Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts,PCOS
- More rapid healing and a toning of the
- reproductive system after giving birth. Relief for symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain. Detoxification of the womb and body.
- Reconnection to the Earth and ancient
- women’s wisdom. Release of stored emotions.
- Access to the feminine energy that gives rise to our vibrant radiance and creative potential.
How to Steam at Home
1. Boil 1or 2 quartz of water. Drop herbs/tea bag in water, and allow a brisk boil to occur for 10 to 15 minutes with lid.
2. Remove from heat and let herb blend to cool for 5 minutes. Optional: pour tea into bowl/crockpot/bucket.
3. Put herb blend/container under chair or desired steam area.
4. Sit on the yoni throne/chair, wrap yourself up in blankets from the waist down to keep the heat contained.
5. Sit for 10 to 15 mins if you have an infection, or steaming for 3 days or more. For a full steam sit for 25-30 mins.
6. Meditate and give thanks for your yoni and all she does for you and others.
7. Release the herbs and water back to the earth – giving thanks for their support in your healing.